.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

LIfe Goals Essay

I left college for a year to come back home and work. At the time that I left school I didn’t think that it was for me. I was working my butt off at school every day with no reward. At times I felt as if it was all for nothing. I didn’t have a job, I needed money and I stayed stressed out and bogged down with all different types of coursework. I just felt that my talents and effort could be put to better use elsewhere. I felt that if I dropped out and became employed full time that that situation would better suit me. However, after having had taken the working man’s route and still barely making ends meet I feel like I made an irrational decision by leaving college. I also found out that a college graduate has the potential to make up to a million more dollars in their lifetime as opposed to those with only a high school diploma. That tiny bit of information was enough to change my mind and lead me towards wanting to get back into school. I made a hasty decision in leaving school in the first place. I was more concerned about my current living situation instead of being focused on long term goals and how successful I wanted to be later on in life. I guess I can say that I had a little growing up to do. Now I can confidently say that I’m more focused than I’ve ever been in my entire life and that nothing will hinder me from becoming successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment